Connecting People and Systems to reduce risks
Food Supply Chains and other supply chains are complex international networks of interacting and continuously changing processes and products. This complexity results in risks that need to be identified and controlled. Effective management systems support a high level of assurance, but even the strongest systems fail when people are not engaged, well-trained and motivated.
Cor Groenveld Consultancy is able to support organisations in their never-ending journey of improving management systems and training and coaching people. Our approach is to identify your organisation’s needs and/or issues, to define objectives and programmes, and to ensure effective implementation and measurement of results.
Our services depends on your needs. This might be a one day advanced auditing workshop for your internal auditors or a longer term consultancy relationship to support you in defined assurance activities.
Cor holds a degree in food technology and worked for 21 years for Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) and 10 years in the food manufacturing industry. At LRQA, he held several functions such as Global Head Food Supply Chain Services, Global Product Manager, Lead Auditor and Trainer. His experience in food manufacturing involves quality assurance, product development, plant management and logistics in the confectionery and convenience food industry. His expertise, international experience and extensive network in the Food Supply Chain enables him to provide you customised support in complex various issues.
Cor Groenveld Consultancy
Senior Consultant• May 2016 - Present
• Owner of Cor Groenveld Consultancy. Position as Senior Consultant with a focus on the Food Supply Chain
• Specialised in management & organisational consultancy, training & coaching, specialised assessments & audits, project management
Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance• Global Head Food Supply Chain Services
• 2011 - 2016 (5 years)
Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance• IRCA registered Lead Auditor & Trainer, Assessor Manager, Global Product Manager Food Services
• 1994 - 2011 (17 years)
Royal Smilde (Convenience Foods) and Van Slooten (Confectionary)• Quality Assurance Manager, Product Developer, Plant Manager
• 1984 - 1994 (10 years)
GMO’s and Stakeholder Organisations
Current and previous functions fulfilled in GMO's and stakeholder organisations:• Chairman of the Board of the Foundation for Safety, Quality and Sustainability (founder of the FSSC 22000)
• Vice Chairman of the IIOC Food Group
• Representative of the Independent International Organisation for Certification (IIOC) in the Food Safety working group of the European Accreditation Committee
• Member of the ISO working group for Food and Food Safety standards (including ISO 22000)
• Member of the Food Committee of the Dutch Normalisation Committee (NEN)
• Member of the Technical Committee of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
Van Hall Institute• Engineer's degree, Food Technology, 1979 - 1984
• Dutch (Native)